WASHINGTON—On the heels of the 2022 NATO Summit in Madrid, on July 1 the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, also known as the Helsinki Commission, will convene its first-ever multilateral dialogue among key regional allies and partners on Black Sea security.
At this historic event on the shores of the Black Sea, members of the U.S. Congress, senior-level government officials from the region, and key international partners will come together in a roundtable format to underscore the critical importance of the Black Sea region to European peace and security, and to establish a sustainable, collective approach to ending Russian aggression and enhancing mutual cooperation.
BLACK SEA SECURITY SUMMIT
A Roundtable Dialogue Hosted by the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
Friday, July 1, 2022
1:00 p.m. (UTC+3)
Constanța Art Museum
Watch Live: https://youtu.be/DZskl6-k6No
The Black Sea Security Summit plenary will feature a timely and collaborative exchange across two sessions exploring major themes pertaining to regional security challenges:
- Session 1: Confronting Russian Aggression
- Session 2: Relevance of the Black Sea to Euro-Atlantic Security
The Black Sea Security Summit will be chaired by Helsinki Commission Ranking Member Sen. Roger Wicker (MS), who will be joined by a bipartisan delegation of members of both the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives. Regional participants include:
- Minister Bogdan Aurescu, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Romania
- State Secretary Simona Cojocaru, State Secretary and Chief of the Department for Defense Policy, Planning and International Relations, Ministry of Defense of Romania
- Minister Oleksii Reznikov, Minister of Defense of Ukraine
- First Deputy Minister Lasha Darsalia, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia
- Deputy Minister Yordan Bozhilov, Deputy Minister of Defense of Bulgaria
- Ambassador Füsun Aramaz, Ambassador of Turkey to Romania
- Ambassador Radko Vlaykov, Ambassador of Bulgaria to Romania
- MP Alexander Goncharenko, Member of the Ukrainian Parliament
- MP Kaloyan Ikonomov, Member of the Bulgarian Parliament; Chair, Bulgaria – USA Friendship Group
- Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană, Deputy Secretary General of NATO
- Major General Jessica Meyeraan (USAF), Director of Exercises and Assessments, U.S. European Command
Members of the media must email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to attend this event. Preregistration closes Thursday, June 30, at 12:00 p.m. (UTC+3).